3.4.2013

Wishes for Icelandic Sheepdog puppies


Stella, my wonderful Icelandic Sheepdog bitch, born in Pennsylvania, USA, officially FI CH TK1 BH Runestone Mocha Latte, was artificially inseminated by deep-frozen semen, taken in May 2008 from C.I.B FI CH, SE CH, LV CH, EE CH, LT CH, FI W-05 Tunturiketun Roni, the oldest of my pack of ISDs. The artificial insemination was done in mid-March 2013. Roni was neutered in May 2008, after having showed his excellent breeding instincts. Roni is the sire of Tunturiketun O-litter and of Punapihlajan L-litter.


The Icelandic Sheepdogs in Vongoivan Kennel, from left to right: Kelmi, Minttu, Roni and Stella, June 2012
Also Stella has already shown her excellent fertility, giving birth in July 2010 to 9 puppies. The sire of that very large litter, Vongoivan D-litter, was Kelmi, my younger male ISD, officially C.I.B FI CH, LV CH, EE CH, LT CH, LT JunCH, EE JunCH, LVW-06 TK1 TK2 BH Àstvinur  Eldur. I imported Kelmi from Sweden in 2004.

Unfortunately the last born female puppy could not be saved, but the other 8 puppies in Vongoivan D-litter, grow to active, healthy and beautiful Icelandic Sheepdogs. There were 7 females: Vongoivan Depla, Dimma, Dina, Disa, Drafna and Druna, and one male, Vongoivan Dreki. All data concerning Vongoivan D-litter can be found in the data base of the Finnish Kennel Association: http://jalostus.kennelliitto.fi/frmKoirat.aspx?Uusi=1&R=289&Nimi=vongoivan&Kotimaiset=0 To my knowledge this still is the largest ISD litter born in Finland. The result of Stella’s and Kelmi’s  mating is a good example of the effects of low inbreeding percentage, something I believe strongly in my breeding activities, for ISDs and Sacred Birman cats. When the parents have as differing pedigrees as possible, the possibility of inherent, latent diseases is lower, the litter is often large, and the puppies are big.

 From Vongoivan D-litter, I kept the chocolate brown – white Vongoivan Druna, alias Minttu. Minttu loves agility, and now we are very close to get the right to compete in the Finnish Championship in June 2013. Minttu got the title of  Finnish Junior Winner 2011, and she has 3 certificates in shows. We are aiming to get the TK1 title from obedience tests, to the extra requirements for FI CH-title. Minttu is my daily ray of sunshine, together with my other ISDs – Stella, Kelmi and Roni J

 
Vongoivan Druna, alias Minttu, June 2012


Artificial insemination is not cheap, but I wanted to fulfill my plan of Stella and Roni. I believe that if we get puppies, they would be healthy, active, and meeting well the exterior requirements of the breed standard.

Stella competes with me in the highest class in agility (medium 3), and in the open class in obedience. Stella’s pedigree, as well as her results in health tests, competitions and shows are here: http://jalostus.kennelliitto.fi/frmKoira.aspx?RekNo=ER28536/08&R=289

 
Stella has a lovely and friendly expression, here with some snow.

Stella in wild gallop


Roni competed in agility with my younger daughter with excellent results, in the highest class, medium3. In several years they achieved the right to participate in the competition for the Finnish Championship, as well as in the qualification competition for the Finnish team for the World Championship. Roni’s facts and figures can be found here: http://jalostus.kennelliitto.fi/frmKoira.aspx?RekNo=FIN30071/02&R=289

 

Roni's profile

Roni in his favourite activity - agility!

You are most welcome to pay a visit to my Flickr photo site, with lots of photos of my Icelandic Sheepdogs, Vongoivan D-litter, my Sacred Birman cats and litters, my two Bengal cats etc: http://www.flickr.com/photos/59026638@N08/sets/

If you are interested in an Icelandic Sheepdog puppy from Vongoivan kennel, please send me an e-mail to: paula.ruotsalainen@kolumbus.fi. I also have wishes for a litter of Sacred Birman kittens from my FI*Vongoivan cattery.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti