3.4.2013

Wishes for Sacred Birman kittens

In the end of February 2013, my sweet lilac-point Sacred Birman queen, IC SBI c FI*Vongoivan Biret payed a visit to a handsome, creme point male, with a wonderful character, GIC SBI e FI*Kolmikulman Hercules.
GIC SBI e FI*Kolmikulman Hercules
IC SBI c FI*Vongoivan Biret, in the end of February 2013













Now in early April, I can see signs that may refer to Biret's pregnancy. This would be the pedigree of Biret's and Hercules' offspring: http://pawpeds.com/db/?a=p&ids=3:857106;2:797124&g=5&p=sbi&date=iso&o=ajgrep
Inbreeding in 10 generations would be 1.56%, and the total inbreeding, considering all data in the Pawpeds database, would be 30.0%.

The dame of Vongoivan Biret is my wonderful "Smilla", whom I was very lucky to import from Sweden, GIC SBI n S*Moviken's Ophelia. Smilla has got totally 14 healthy kittens in 3 litters! The sire of Biret is from Australia, CH SBI b AU*Sarika Choc Legend.

If Biret is pregnant, and if all goes well, all kittens would be of B blood group, because both Biret and Hercules are of B blood group. In my small-scale breeding activities (http://pawpeds.com/db/?a=s&p=sbi&date=iso&name=vongoivan&o=ajgrep&g=4), I believe strongly that avoiding high inbreeding percentages is very important. I'm happy to use Birmans with B blood group in breeding. Limiting breeding only to Birmans with A blood group would decrease too much the available genetic material.

 In theory, the male offspring of Biret and Hercules would be blue point, and all female offspring would be blue-tortie point. This is the result of the Birman colour charts, e.g. at http://www.chosenhill-birmans.co.uk/MATING%20COLOUR%20CHARTS.pdf

The first litter of Vongoivan Biret, together with CH SBI a FI*Rotcat Alexander, was born in February 2011. The litter, Vongoivan E-litter consisted of one female, SBI a Vongoivan Elvira, now already SC, and of 3 males: SBI c 21 Vongoivan Erik, currently GIC, soon SC; SBI c 21 Vongoivan Emil and SBI c Vongoivan Elias.

SC SBI a FI*Vongoivan Elvira, in the end of February 2013
You are most welcome to visit my Flicker photo site, with lots of photos of my Sacred Birmans, Bengals and Icelandic Sheepdogs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/59026638@N08/sets/

I have also breeding plans with my other Sacred Birman queens, as well as with my Icelandic Sheepdogs (there is a special update with the breeding plans of my Vongoivan Kennel).

If you are interested in a Vongoivan kitten, please send me a message by e-mail: paula.ruotsalainen@kolumbus.fi. I have experience of also exporting Birmans.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti